It can be hard to find the right gym — many women hate the gym. You want a gym or trainer to help you feel better about yourself and to help motivate you at all times. The gym that fits will be in alignment with what you want and need and will have a community of like-minded people.
Here are a few tips for finding the right gym for you:
1. Pick a movement you enjoy (or think you will). You have to start with doing something that appeals to you. It doesn’t have to be the treadmill or lifting weights. It could be something like dancing, Zumba, kickboxing, or basketball.
2. Check their social media and website. Do the research before you take it a step future. Read everything you can on their website to see if their mission fits. Then, dive into their social media which should give you a good feel of their space and their community. Do you like what it looks like? Do you like the things they are saying?
3. Read the reviews. Check on google to see what other people have said about the gym. This will give you a good idea of how other people have experienced the gym in their own words.
4. Look for a special class for beginners (or better yet, for women). Having a dedicated class for beginners will be a more comfortable way to get started. You will be able to ease your way into a new space and new movements.
5. Schedule a one-on-one consult. If you’re still unsure, schedule a 1:1 with someone at the gym. This will give you a chance to talk with a human to make sure it’s consistent with what you’ve read online. It also gives you a chance to share your story, what you’re looking for, and any concerns you might have.
How did you find the gym that fits you?